Tuesday, October 05, 2010

29 New Things

I've mentioned it here before, but I have a birthday tradition; every year, I take the age that I'm turning and try at least that many new things during the year.  I know this will be more of a challenge every year, but I'm looking forward to finding out what 75 new things I will try when I'm 75.  I think it will keep life interesting.

For some reason I have not posted the list of new things that I tried the last two years, and I greatly regret it because those lists are lost with my old hard drive (Booooo!).  So here is my list of 29 new things that I tried over the last year (although I added on a few extra because I cheated by listing a few that were not really by choice)




1.  Appeared on live TV
3.  Was pregnant without Gestational diabetes
7.  Saw a movie at the Sundance Film Festival
8.  Used a Moby Wrap (Thanks Melinda!)
10.  Moved from a house back to an apartment
12.  Toured the Homestead Crater
15.  Made Strop Waffles
20.  Had something I designed carried at the MOMA gift shop! (can you believe it?)
21.  Lost my hard drive
22.  Took my kids to the drive-in
23.  Met the author and illustrator of Babymouse
24.  Bought peonies
25.  Planted a lemon tree
32.  Joined a grown-up book club
33.  Collected all the letters to spell Abracadabra in Creed's room

I've already started on my 30 new things for this year.  I can't wait to see what the year will bring . . .

2 comments:

WendyandGabe said...

#20- Very, very, cool!

Larry said...

I'm very impressed. You get better with age!