Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Max From Where The Wild Things Are

This year for Halloween, I made Creed a costume for another book character, Max, from Where The Wild Things Are. Thankfully, my mom came over and helped me make it because it took us way longer to make than we thought that it would and my mom did a lot of the sewing.

I am so happy with the way it turned out so please indulge me while I post way too many poor quality photos.
Creed knows the book well so every time that he wore the costume, he kept quoting Max saying, "I'll eat you up!" and "Be still!"
I loved seeing his long tail drag all night. He looked so adorable.
I had to bribe him to put it on, but it was quite comfy and warm and he wanted to keep it on afterwards.
My mom went trick-or-treating with us and Creed made it to four houses before he said he was done and wanted to go back to Grandma's house so then we trick-or-treated our way back home and were done. Most of her neighbors told him to take another piece of candy and he kept saying, "No, thank you." One told him, "Why don't you take something else?" and he said, "I don't need something else."
We made the hands so they could be mittens or we could slide then off when he needed to use his fingers.

When we got home Creed was content to just sit on the couch and eat one sucker. If only he'd stay this way when he gets older!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

What a cute, cute boy. He seems so sweet! And you and your mother are simply amazing -- all that attention to detail for Creed's costume!

Nina said...

What a fabulous costume!!! I wish you were my fashion coordinator . . .

Sunny said...

What an amazing job you did you his costume this year! You deserve an award for the best costume making!

candice said...

Creed looks so cute! I wish I was there to take more photographs of him! And doesn't Mom look so pretty in that photograph? It's really great of her!

Erin said...

Beautiful all around - Creed, the costume, your mom - wow! He's getting so big too!

Taunya said...

Adorable!!!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love LOVE your Halloween costumes each year for Creed. I was remembering this Oct. the fabulous Brutus hat you and your mom created.

Sarah Hanka said...

I was looking at some of these "Wild Things" costumes randomly while Christmas shopping for my nephew on Etsy, and was amazed at the sewing detail. You and your mom made an even better version of the ones that I saw - you're awesome! And Creed is such a cutie... ;o)