Monday, October 04, 2010

30 is looking pretty good from here

I have to say, 30 might have been my loveliest birthday ever thanks to my thoughtful husband and friends.  At the end of my birthday, as we were laying in bed Larry said that he forgot to mention he had one more gift for me.  Hmmmmm . . .   He said he arranged for him mom to babysit that Saturday so we could go out to dinner.  Grown-ups only dates are VERY rare for us indeed so I was excited.  Plus there are a few restaurants in Provo that I have been dying to try so I figured that thoughtful boy must have had one of those in mind.

Oh, I was wrong.  There was a much better surprise in store for me.  I looked at him quizzically as we drove past the restaurants that I thought he had in mind.  We finally pulled up to Rock Canyon Park, and I knew something was up, but I did not expect to turn a corner to this site!
It was incredible! There was this beautiful set up and some of my dearest friends ready for five courses of desserts under this canopy of trees.  Of course, Lisa was the mastermind behind this surprise (I love you Larry, but I'm not sure that you could have put this together on your own) and Melinda teamed up with Lisa and made ALL of those desserts (and they were really, really good)
I didn't have my camera with me because I wasn't expecting all of this so I stole these photos from Lisa.

I couldn't believe it when they told me this was all a last minute change of plans because of strong winds that made their original site, Squaw Peak, impossible.   Everything was perfect, and I've been to this park by my parents' house a million times and never even knew this spot was there.

It all felt so magical.  Who wouldn't love to watch a beautiful sunset while sitting in a park eating dessert, talking with your best mates, and laughing until your stomach hurts?
I can't say thank you enough for this magical birthday surprise.  You guys are the best!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Okay, that is amazing. Like something out of a magazine. May I please steal all of your friends? Thanks! :)

My Life as a Dog said...

That is WAY cool!

lisa h. said...

you have some really great friends (and husband)!

Kim said...

Wow, how amazing was that? You lucky girl!

Stephanie said...

Steph, this is amazing. What great friends you have! May I repost on my own blog?

xo

Stephanie Ford said...

Stephanie,

I'd be honored! Post away!