Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Creed and Ollie Make Use of Their Passports

After Disneyland we flew up to Vancouver, BC and spent a few days there before leaving on a cruise.  The last time I was there I was 11 and I thought it was the coolest city.  I guess my tastes haven't developed mush because I still think it's incredible.  In fact, I love Vancouver so much I kept asking Larry if we could move there (thanks to socialized medicine, that's not going to happen).  

Thanks to Hotwire (I really love Hotwire) we stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel, which is downtown right  on the water so our first morning we decided to walk to Stanley Park, which was a hike, but it was all along the waterfront so it made for a perfect morning.  We stopped to see the Olympic torch (don't the boys looked thrilled?)
 And we watched sea planes take off and land and boats go by
 It was too cold to go in the water, but I thought the weather was perfect
 wouldn't you love to live in one of these houseboats?  I claim the one that really looks like a house.
 There were all sorts of curiosities along the way to entertain Creed (and Larry)
 After playing on the playground, we went to the aquarium.  I remember watching the beluga whales when I was 11 so I hoped Creed would think they were amazing too.  He did :)


 and he spent a good 30 minutes at the touch tank checking out sea stars and anemones
 and of course he loved watching the dolphins
 and who isn't mesmerized by dancing jellyfish?


 After the aquarium, we caught a trolley back downtown and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening just walking around the city.  I love that Larry and I both like to travel the same way; we both like to walk around big cities as much as possible to see as much as possible.  We walked through Chinatown and then through trendy Gastown.  Don't worry, we took the requisite picture by Vancouver's famous Steam clock.
 And the requisite picture of Creed with a giant bear in a mounty suit
 Trying on all the hats at this tourist shop might have been Creed's favorite stop of the day.

 Just wait until you see the one he chose in some later posts.  He loves it so much he wears it a lot.  Seriously, Larry hides it when the weather is warm so he won't have a sweaty head and it won't get too stinky.  I guess he will always have something to remember Vancouver by.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Maybe I should look for jobs in Vancouver...

Anonymous said...

This looked like a great time!! My daughter Ellia (who is the same age as Creed) would ADORE the aquarium. That's what we do everywhere we go, aquariums. Thanks for sharing your fun! What was the name of that super cute hat place?
Lauren
laurbeverly@yahoo.com