Monday, October 26, 2009

Creed Takes a Trip to Antelope Island

We decided to live it up over Labor Day weekend and spent Friday night at Swiss Days in Midway visiting my mom and Grandma at their jewelry booth. Saturday afternoon we went to the Balloon and Kite Stampede on Antelope Island. Then Monday we went to Onion Days in Payson and got ice cream at the Big Red Barn in Santaquin. Too bad my camera only made the trip to Antelope Island so that's all that I have to show you. It actually ended up being too windy for Balloons, but not windy enough for kites so the festival wasn't much, but we did have fun exploring the island. I made Larry stop on the drive out to take a picture of me feeling like I was walking on water (the water is shallow for a really long way out from the road)

After we visited the festival and had our fill on cotton candy, we explored the island.
I read that there was a beach with showers there so I wanted to investigate the beach. It was a bit of a hike down to the water and I have never seen so many sandflies or smelled such a stinky lake so I was glad that we were not there to swim, but what little boy can resist a big beautiful pool of water, especially one that will make you float so easily?
I had swimming in the Great Salt Lake on my list of things to do while we are in Utah and I think I'm going to count this. The stinky smell was worth the beautiful view.
And Creed got a lesson in skipping stones to boot.

3 comments:

My Life as a Dog said...

Those are some beautiful photos!

L.R.L said...

i want to walk on water!

Sarah Hanka said...

Breathtaking photographs, Stephanie!