Tuesday, October 06, 2009

How Creed Spent His Summer Vacation

Sneaking out of bed and into his parents' bed almost every night
Playing with Play-Doh
Building up his muscles
Blowing giant bubbles
Creating masterpieces
being mysterious
collecting snails after rainstorms

Sitting on the lap of anyone who has time for a good story


Collecting Pixar Cars and driving them for hours at a time

Testing out mom's lipstick to see if it makes good mustaches
relaxing on the couch
discovering that bathtub crayons make better mustaches
making the kitten who lives across the street his new best friend (we won't mention the kitten's name because the kitten belongs to college boys and its name does not mean something nice)
Sharing toys with his new best friend
and trying his new best friend's patience

Getting into messes
Picking up girls at the park (we spent a LOT of time at the Seven Canyons Fountains at Liberty Park)
Fighting Crime
Recovering from Hand, Foot, and Mouth
Finally learning how to ride that trike like the wind
And riding on the back of Dad's bike when his legs got tired
Rooting for the Buckeyes
Cooking all sorts of delicious imaginary things
working on the farm at the Utah State Fair

Raising butterflies
and releasing them
solving mysteries (he thinks that pipe is for blowing bubbles so some mysteries remain to be solved)
driving fire engines

taking lots of trips to the zoo with friends like Piper
and seeing all the new baby animals
and bursting with excitement at every chance to ride the train at the zoo!
I have to say, I think it was a pretty good summer.

13 comments:

.Amber. said...

So cute! Sounds like Creed had a fantastic summer, seems like his favorite was drawing on himself with whatever he found suitable! hehe, love all the pics

Krista Hansen said...

Looks like a fun summer! Where did you get that cute kitchen? I want to get one for Sam, but Devin is worried I'll get a pink one. Creed's kitchen is very manly!

Malinovka said...

These pics of Creed are SOOOo cute!! I can't believe those huge snails. It looks like you definitely had a great summer.

Shauna said...

So stinking cute! Love all the pictures. I need to do a better job photographing my boys. Miss you!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love it--how fun!! Creed is looking so grown up these days.

Larry said...

Very cute indeed. I love all the memories embodied herein. It was a summer of excitement, best seen in the last picture.

Erin said...

Beautiful photos! But my favorite has to be Larry on the bike. I didn't think I would ever see the day!

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog about 6 months ago, via a link of a link of a link kind of thing... I know it's kind of "stalkery", but I follow your posts :) I just felt compelled to tell you that I can feel the love that you have for Creed just by looking at your pics. You have a beautiful family and it shows! Best of wishes - April Nunn

Diana said...

Oh my goodness...you honestly have THE cutest little boy on the planet! I love seeing his little adventures...acutally, he did more than me this summer. Ha ha! Glad to see you're back to blogging. We missed you!

Dehner Family said...

Aw- Creed is getting so big. He's is so adorable. We are going to miss having you guys around for Halloween... The Fords really know how to celebrate Halloween.

wandering nana said...

Wow, you Creed's mom had a really busy summer. I especially love the black pearls...so cute.

Katherine said...

Great pictures Steph!

Nikki said...

Great photos . . . great post - and I cannot believe how grown-up he is!!!