Monday, November 15, 2010

This Week I . . .

  • Designed two wedding invitations that I still have to keep a secret.
  • Finished Christmas shopping for the boys! Don't be too impressed, I still have to buy gifts for many other people, but I'm hoping to finish early so I can enjoy the christmas season.
  • Attended Parent teacher conference at Creed's school and glowed when they told me he was their favorite little guy and they couldn't think of a single thing that we should be working on at home with him.
  • Checked out Christmas books at the library and started listening to Christmas music in the car (shhh, don't tell Larry; he has a strict no-Christmas-music-before-December policy).
  • Tried a new recipe for penne Frittata with Basil and ricotta because I have a terribly limited list of things I can make for dinner so I'm trying really hard to branch out.  Cooking intimidates me so I'm just adding one new recipe every time I meal-plan. This recipe was pretty good, but not added to our list of favorites.
  • Finished watching the last season of Project Runway with Tai and Kersten.  Gretchen won ?!?!?!?
  • Looked at a few really awful apartments and debated over whether it is time to move since we're still unsure where and when Larry will accept a new job.
  • Purchased tickets to take Creed to Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical.  I think he will love it, and as an added bonus, my mom, Marissa, and Logan will be coming too!
  • Cancelled a meeting with a talent agent that spotted Ollie while we were out and about because I felt a little weird about it (although I will admit that I was flattered)
  • Followed Creed on countless bike rides around the neighborhood.  I'm not sure what rekindled his love for his bike, but why oh why did it have to be the moment the weather turned frigid?  
  • Started working on my line for Sycamore Street Press 2011, and I have a LONG way to go, but I'm really excited about a few of my ideas.
  • Sampled Sweet Potato Pie and Pumpkin cupcakes at The Sweet Tooth Fairy
  • Was surprised by Larry with tickets to the Brandon Flowers concert only to realize that I won't be able to make it because I will be hosting the Children's Literature Book Club that night.
  • Made plans to spend Thanksgiving with Larry's mom and her husband, a first for us!
So why is it that I still feel like I got absolutely nothing done this week?

7 comments:

Alissa said...

well, it certainly sounds like you were plenty busy for me too...

might i recommend Turkey Lentil Chili and Pasta Meatball Soup (google them... each have only one basic recipe) both are super easy and quick and DELICIOUS.

also, i've heard about quite a lot of "talent scouting" going on in SLC... not sure what that's about, but I'm betting you're wise to avoid it.

Kate @ Love and Kate said...

Wow! You did A LOT! I feel like moms never feel like they get stuff done because there is always something to do! But you made a definite dent. And yes, Gretchen. (Gag.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I feel like that is the lot of moms. There is all the repetitive stuff we do (i.e. change diapers, get kids dressed, chase them down to put their coats on, buckle in carseat, unbuckle, buckle in, unbuckle, buckle in, shoes off, shoes on, clean up spilled milk, water, whatever is spilled--you name it! etc. etc. ) that it seems to add up to a lot of nothing. But we all know that whole lot of nothing is creating masterpieces. ;)
And, look at all what you did in addition to that!
And of course, you know that if you didn't do that whole lot of "nothing" you wouldn't have the mini masterpieces to show for it (i.e. good cooked food, star student Creed, etc. etc.)
Love you!
~Rachel

Pixie said...

I was devistated! I thought Mondo had it in the bag...not that I'd wear a lot of what he made, not my style but very cool and super uber-fashion! What were Michael and Nina thinking?!

Larry said...

I'm still made at Michael, truth be told.

And yes Steph, you remain AMAZING!

Larry said...

I meant "mad."

Danielle said...

WOW-you've been busy!

You always buy the most creative and fun toys for your son-any favorites you'd suggest? My son just turned 3 and I'm hoping to distract him with some fun new toys other than his train table that he plays with 24/7. lol.