Saturday, November 13, 2010

Did I mention that I Helped Throw a Halloween Party?

What's that?  It's mid-November?  Perfect time for me to start blogging about Halloween parties, eh? I still think this is an idea worth sharing, even if it is late because this party was fun, and it would be really easy to duplicate so you might want to try something like this next year.

My friend Rachel (who is incredibly awesome) decided to throw a Halloween get-together and invited me to help since I wouldn't be throwing a Halloween party in my crowded apartment this year, and you know how I love throwing parties.

It was rather last-minute and informal, but we still wanted the invitations to be fun so this is what we came up with.

 Rachel picked up a few pumpkins that we spray painted with chalkboard paint and then we wrote the information on the pumpkins with a chalk ink pen (If you're going to try this, we suggest starting with primer because we didn't and the paint started to scrape off when we were writing on them).

We put masks on the pumpkins because we asked each guest to wear a mask and told them there would be a prize for the best homemade mask.  I use the term "party" loosely, it was basically just an excuse to get together with a few friends to eat lots and lots of smores and we figured asking everyone to arrive in a mask made things a little more festive.
 Rachel tied some chalk to each pumpkin so guests could wash off their pumpkins and use them to doodle.  I wish my handwriting was prettier, but good enough, right?
It turned out to be such a fun night.  More on that soon . . .

1 comment:

Kate @ Love and Kate said...

L-O-V-E this invitation idea!