Saturday, November 13, 2010

Looking Forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Hmm, by the looks of things around here, you wouldn't know that I'm a graphic designer would you?  For instance, the header that is so old it doesn't even have Ollie on it.  My computer time is pretty limited these days so I use it to work on whatever deadline is closest and try to fit in a little blogging time, and everything else has to wait (which is why I'm the worst at responding to emails and comments on the blog, but I love hearing from you, and I will try to be better).

A lot of my work is too boring to share or I have to wait to share it until it's been published, and by the time it's out there, I totally forget.  Anyway, every once in a while, I get to work on something really fun that I can share.  A few weeks ago, I got to do some posters and flyers for my mom for the Alpine Home Care and Hospice movie premiere of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows.  I usually just use images from the movies for these premieres, but I couldn't find any images that I liked for this project, and I had a little extra time so I drew something up.  It's inspired by these vintage looking superhero posters by Michael Myers (If Creed loved Comic book superheroes, we would NEED these posters.  It's hard to find non-cheesy superhero stuff).  I should have taken the time to age this like the Michael Myers posters, but I was on a tight deadline.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I'm not so sure that my mom liked them. What do you think? 

 


I'm tempted to do a whole series with all of my favorite Harry Potter characters but I have no idea what I would do with them since they are licensed characters and all . . .

6 comments:

Scott said...

These fliers are at my office and I never even knew it was your work. Too bad the premier is not one day sooner

Kim said...

I love the fliers and have many positive comments on the graphics.

Sara said...

I love it, it reminds me of the "Wicked" posters too.

Anna said...

Like it a lot.

If you made a series maybe you could frame them...maybe someday if you had a media room these would be fun. Sort of like how some people decorate with Vintage Movie posters...they'd be like a tribute to a favorite book/movie set?

Or maybe for Creeds room when he gets a bit older and gets into the books.

Wish you could sell them on Etsy...very cool :)

Larry said...

They turned out fantastically, if you ask me!

brook said...

i just popped in to see what beautiful things you were creating. i LOVE this poster. i had also seen the meyers' poster. we are just finishing a theater room. . .i might need to talk to you about a harry potter poster:). any chance you are doing beauty and the beast or indiana jones?