Tuesday, November 16, 2010

These Pictures are Making Me Hungry

So I mentioned that I helped Rachel throw a Halloween party.  All my photos are terrible because it was DARK (things were a little bit rushed because Creed was sick the night before and I wasn't sure if we would make it to the party), but I'm sharing them with you anyway to give you some ideas in case you ever want to put together a s'mores bar of your own.
 I went a little out of control with component for the s'mores bar, but it was so much fun seeing the concoctions people came up with and it was so yummy!

Here's what we provided:
Cookies: Mint milanos, chocolate M&M cookies, ginger thins, graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, almond cinnamon thins, and pretzels
 Marshmallows: plain, chocolate swirl, and toasted coconut
 Chocolate: Caramellos, Classic Hershey's Milk Chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Symphony Bar, Andes Mints, Cookies and Creme Bars, Dove Milk Chocolates
 Fruit: Raspberries, bananas, strawberries, and shredded coconut
 and then this post gave me the idea to include a few spices: Nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon

In the background you can see the prizes for the best masks; some caramel apples to take home and a ribbon that I made for each of them to wear.
 Rachel hand cut out a bunch of luminaries and put them around the yard and we put candles all over the ingredient table to light it up.  She also provided several types of hot chocolate and flavored syrups for guests (because, you know, we didn't have enough sugar)
 Larry threw together a Halloween soundtrack and we just had fun hanging out and snacking
 There was also a rousing game of marshmallow whiffle ball that I missed taking pictures of.  Rachel and Jeff regularly play whiffle ball with stale, large, campfire marshmallows in their backyard so they don't have to worry about damage caused by lost balls and Rachel actually painted them with glow-in-the-dark paint to add to the fun
 And here are a few of our guests in their masks

 I guess Ollie wasn't sure what to think of my mask

 Creed was having such a blast that I barely caught a photos of him (plus, we made him stay inside and watch a movie for most of the party since he was still recovering)
I highly recommend putting together a s'mores bar of your own.  It was so much fun that I think it might become an annual tradition.

Thanks for hosting Rachel and Jeff!

4 comments:

Kate @ Love and Kate said...

Awesome s'mores bar!! So impressive. I'm totally going to have to copy you! (I love how you used marshmallows to ID everything too -- cuteness!)

Mom said...

You make the most fun out of everyhthing - your friends are SO lucky!

Heather said...

Your mom is right, your friends are lucky. I miss our parties.

Hey, I sent you an email, but don't know if I have your current address. I really need any info you have on great Salt Lake Dates. I've gotta put a gift together for my brother hopefully this weekend. Please shoot me any links or book titles or whatever you can think of if you get a few minutes.

Melinda said...

Hello Martha! I thought I put on a good s'mores buffet. Alas, it is nothing like yours! Beautiful as always.