Thursday, April 20, 2006

Try Something New

In December or January I saw a layout in one of Candice's scrapbooking magazines about a woman who made a goal to do some thing new for every year of her age (so if she's 40, she tries 40 new things). She repeats the goal every year on her birthday. I think it's such a great idea.

I'm always looking for new ways to learn and grow so I started my list in January, and so far I'm up to 17 things. I've started to learn to play the guitar, I saw Cirque du Soleil for the first time, I started this blog, I tried deep fried chicken livers (which are seriously gross, but didn't kill me) and Philedelphia rolls (which I loved), I visited the Ohio Caverns with Larry, and tried some other fun new things and I think that my life is just a little more full. I hope it's a tradition I'll carry on.

Any ideas about what I should try next? Just think of all the possible new adventures out there . . .

6 comments:

I am Laura said...

1. Plant a vegi garden
2. Take a tap dancing or ballroom dancing class.
3. Paint your good friend Laura's little girls room like your family room only with pink stripes.
4. Try different fruits and vegitables for a few months. Have you ever had a plantain?
5. Take a painting or drawing class.
These are my top five ideas. I have personally done number 1,2, and 5 and I plan on doing the rest very soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a lot of new things accomplished in a very short time. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a lot of new things accomplished in a very short time. Congrats!

Krystal Trapnell said...

See Wicked. I hear it's coming to Columbus soon!

SAREVIEW said...

don't get me started.

1. audition for a play
2. write a children's book
3. actually get the book to a publisher
4. bungi jump
5. read the standard works in a year
6. Submit an article to a magazine of your choice
7. Go to your cabinet and make a meal with something that has been in your food storage for a year
8. Invent your own ice cream flavor
9. Throw a masquerade
10. Run a marathon
11. Sky diving
12. Do a snow angel on an interstate highway
13. Have a picnic on a roundabout
14. Attend a townhall meeting
15. Find Stars Hollow?
16. Go to Prince Edward Island
17. Put a message or your testimony on a helium balloon and let it go.

If you really want more, there's more, but along the lines of slip-n-slide down a grocery aisle at 3 in the morning...

Anonymous said...

I say lots of kissing your husband.

Plus I like most of Mark's suggestions.