Saturday, April 01, 2006

Saturday is a special day . . .

Today was one of those days that just makes a smile sneak across your face. In between watching conference sessions at church, we had six missionaries over for pizza. After the second session of conference we stopped at Heather and Rick's just in time to help them move their fridge into their house (ok, I just held the cord while Larry, Rick, and two neighbor kids hefted the fridge, but I still helped!) Then while Larry was gone I stopped at Target and found this


OK, yes, I know I'm lame, but I was so excited. I totally needed an Easter Bunny for our Mr. Potatohead collection and I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Then there he was, just smiling down from the shelf. And I also found some new frames for our engagement pictures (Larry had an accident that involved one of the old frames before the move last summer).


The top ones are in the new frames and the bottom ones are in the old frames. How long do you think it will take us to actually hang them up? I'm hoping this post will inspire me to get it done soon.

Those things alone would have made a completely happy day and then Larry came home with this


Larry always brings me flowers after conference and this hybiscus bush was especially fun. Yet another reason you have to adore this guy!

As if all of that wasn't enough, we had just enough time to run to Barne's & Noble to use a gift certificate to pick up the sequel to one of my favorite picture books Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse.


I'm ready to go to sleep happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much to adore, so little time...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

And I want it to be officially posted in cyberspace that I didn't break that picture frame - I was 10 feet away from it when it fell!