Sunday, April 30, 2006

Girls' Weekend

Larry and I pretty much had a girls' weekend. I think he was still making an effort to cheer me up so he did all sorts of girly activities with me. After cooking at Super Suppers on Friday night, he went to see a chick-flick at the dollar theater with me. On Saturday, we spent some time working in the yard and then we headed down to Lancaster to go letterboxing (ok, at least that's not such a girly activity). The weather was perfect and we found six boxes in about two hours and saw some pretty cool places. Here are some pictures of us near one of the letterboxes we found at a covered bridge.


After letterboxing we rushed back to Columbus to see a musical version of Cinderella put on by the Columbus Children's Theater. We didn't have time to change so we were looking pretty scruffy. The music wasn't all that great, but it was fun to see about ten four-year-old girls dressed up like Cinderella. While they were waiting to hug Cinderella after the play, one of the mothers asked a little girl what she thought and she turned to the mom with a big smile and said, "I'm just speechless!" It was pretty cute.

We had stake conference on Sunday. Then in the evening our friends the Richardsons came over for dessert (which Larry made). Katherine has been out of town visiting her family for what seems like ages and I'm so happy to have her back. Here is a picture of her cute family (special thanks to Katherine for letting me borrow her guitar for all of my lessons).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. I want to go letterboxing with you sometime, it sounds so fun. I am definitely going to have to come to Columbus to visit.

Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, it's YELLOW and gray. Now who's the weird one??