Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Work in Progress

I saw this quilt a few months ago. Which lead me to this quilt on flickr
And since they are both so simple and so beautiful, I got the crazy idea in my head that I HAD to make one for Creed (although a simplified version with only four colors). So do you think I will turn this . . .
into this my Christmas time considering I cut the squares a few weeks ago and had the fabric long before that?
And yes, I'm the kind of nerd who has to lay out my quilt pattern digitally to see how it will work.

8 comments:

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product. Love the colors you chose!

Mom said...

LOVE IT! I believe in handmade Christmas - it's the gift of our time that matters the most. I always pray for my babies while I'm knitting or sewing for them - so that all of my good thoughts are tied in with my stitches - and they can really wrap themselves in my love. GREAT plan - and you can do it.
hugs - Mom Cat

Alissa said...

i think you can definitely do it. now get sewing!

Reba said...

it reminds me of tetris (which I love, so that's a good thing). I can't wait to see the finished product.

wandering nana said...

Have fun sewing. Love the colors.

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

love this.

taniawillis said...

you can do it! there is nothing sweeter than seeing your babe wrapped in something you made with your own two hands. i LOVE the colors and pattern that you've planned.

Stephanie said...

so cool! I can't wait to see how it comes out :)