Friday, October 31, 2008

A New Collection

I started a new collection this week. You know from my designs for Sycamore Street Press that I have a thing for ornate frames that look like they are from the Renaissance or Rococo period. Well, I couldn't resist temptation this week when I found two gaudy gold frames in second hand shops in my neighborhood. I have two ideas for them that I can't decide between. First, I was thinking I should try to collect several and hang them all on one wall to create little art gallery. I would probably spray paint them all the same color and hang simple, modern prints in them to contrast with their grandma nature. When Creed gets older I think that would be an awesome way to display his art, and I could switch them out all the time. They are rather large frames so I would have to blow some of his artwork up, but I think it could be done for a reasonable price.

The second idea is to just find one more and blow up our portraits from our new stamps. I think the three of them would look so cute hanging together. I think I would still spray paint them all a bright color, although Larry says the gold is growing on him. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for ornate frames like that too, but haven't had any luck. I think the gold looks kind of cool!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

great frames! i kinda like the gold, too, but i guess it depends on where you are hanging them.