Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cutting a rug, I mean, pumpkin

We had my family over for pumpkin carving on Monday night. I look forward to pumpkin carving every year. When I was little we would each pick out our own pumpkins then we would each draw faces on paper until we came up with just the right one. We would draw it on our pumpkins and cut out the basic shapes and then under our direction, my dad would embellish them with his wood carving tools. They were amazing and we always won the pumpkin carving contests at school. Larry is not so into pumpkin carving so it was fun to be carving pumpkins with my family after so many years.



Thanks family for coming to our house for dinner and carving. It was so much fun.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for such a fun evening. The food was wonderful too.

Anonymous said...

I may not be a master pumpkin carver, but I take a mean picture of a pumpkin...

And the chili was FANTASTIC. I finished up the leftovers just yesterday for breakfast.

Stephanie said...

Those are amazing pumpkins!!