Friday, October 24, 2008

Something was brewing

Well, I didn't throw a Witches Brew party this year, and I didn't need to because my mom did. Here she is with her neighbor MicheleAnd she even invited two of my friends so here I am with Melinda and Mary Ann (so I wasn't stuck talking to old ladies like my mom :) ). Melinda crocheted all of those flowers on her hat and Mary Ann won a prize for the hat the Glenda the Good Witch would be most likely to wear.And we weren't the only young ones because Eli's girlfriend Brenna came along with her mom too.I'm not posting pictures of everyone because my mom has much better pictures posted so you should check them out here, but I have to show you my Grandma Borup. She knitted this hat and felted it.And then she had the awesomest outfit ever!!!!! It's hard to see in this picture, but she had puffy green tool peeking out from her skirt too. She was the best witch ever! My mom went all out. She had dinner for everyone and even her carmel apples topped my because she used real sticks.
And speaking of going all out, even the fairies at my mom's house have decorated for the holidays.

4 comments:

Serendipity said...

You know I LOVE this idea...
We had a little Witch Hat Soiree this year {daughters & moms}...so much fun...

...a new tradition for us for sure...

...thanks for sharing your ideas...

...as always INSPIRED by you and your creativity!

s_delgrosso said...

OH that is too cute! :-) I love the multi generational thing going on too. That's love.

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

your grandma is so stylish and cute!

Stephanie said...

That looks like so much fun! We just met for book club last night after reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club" and we were talking about felting. How cool is that hat!?