Saturday, October 25, 2008

Witchy

The Children's literature book club met at my house last week. Since we were discussing books about witches, I decided last minute to make some witchy treats. Thank goodness for ideas from Martha. I made these witch cupcakes. Although, I didn't have black rope licorice or chocolate ice cream cones so I cut up chocolate licorice and coated normal sugar cones in chocolate for the witches hats. Then I made up these broomstick treat bags.
I think they would be really fun to make for witches brew parties too.

4 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Hi, I've lurked your blog off and on since I found the children's lit site a while back. I love all your creative ideas. Any way, I thought I'd pass on this since you mentioned the walnuts in your yard. I saw this through another blog when I was hopping around. It's called the nut wizard http://www.thenutwizard.com/index.html So, hope I don't sound freaky, but thought I'd pass it on.

wandering nana said...

Loved the witch cupcakes. We had a ward party on Saturday and our Young Women (church group) were in charge of a room. We did a Witches Cauldron and decorated it and the girls did a cupcake walk for the kids. At our activity on the Wednesday before the girls decorated the cupcakes and they did some of these witches. Bless Martha! Cute Spider

Liz said...

Hi, I've been lurking on your blog for a long time. Probably since I first saw your link on my friend Kristi's blog (pink christmas). I finally decided I should just say hi. I think you are so creative and I just love all your decorating ideas, and the adorably things you make for Creed. Thanks for the inspiration!

Liz

Faith W said...

You really made that an amazing night, everything was so adorable and festive. Loved it!