Friday, October 03, 2008

Creativity is brewing

Now that it's October, I have just the thing to get you in a Halloween mood. My mom opened her own Etsy shop to sell these Halloween banners. She go the idea when Candice was in town and we were checking out Halloween decorations. We all fabric shopped together because it was supposed to be a group project, but my mom finished mine for me and had so much left over, she decided to sell the extras so make up all the money she spent on supplies.

Her Etsy shop has already sold out once so she just restocked. I love the photos that my dad took of them.

My mom actually traded one of the banners at Swiss Days with Jeni, the woman who makes these cute Halloween gourds and then Jeni invited my mom to have a space at the artshow she does at her house every fall. You are all welcome to come, here's the info:
Autumn Art Show with Jeni B. Gochnour
Tuesday, October 7, 6 - 9 p.m.
Wednesday, October 8, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2591 E. Valley View Ave. (4790 South), Holladay

If you go, be sure to look out for my mom and tell her hi.

Oh, and speaking of Swiss Days, do you remember me trying to describe the cute shelves made with antique jars and plumbing fittings? Well, luckily the person who made them, Arlene Cook, came across my blog, and told me I could share one of her photos with you. Aren't they cool? And if you get a chance you should check out her blog because she has a new very cool Halloween look.

1 comment:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

my mom just told me that she went to the gourd lady's house show, too! and she brought me a little turkey gourd when she was out here visiting. small world.