Sunday, October 14, 2007

Witches brew party

I'm in need of a girls' night so I'm throwing a party for my girlfriends (and of course if you're one of my girlfriends that lives in town, you're invited) so I'm posting about it here for those who are out of town and looking for a fun way to celebrate Halloween.

Instead of a tea party, I'm throwing a witches brew party. Instead of tea we'll be drinking apple cider. There will be good treats and a make-your-own candy apple bar. I've been gathering toppings to roll your carmel apple in like, pecans, crushed oreos, crushed graham crackers, coconut, chocolate chips, reeses pieces, and sprinkles.. Are there any toppings that I should add?

Each guest is required to come in a decorated witches hat. It doesn't have to be a traditional witches hat, but it does have to look like something that a witch might wear. Here are some examples of amazing witches hats available from Department 56.
The good witch Fall witch


Bad witch
Now I need to come up with prizes for the most creative hat, cutest hat, and best overall hat. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some may think it's gross, but peanut butter and/or raisins are other options.

SO MUCH FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I need to read. I meant the peanut butter INSTEAD of the caramel. ANYWAY - better idea. POP ROCKS! Don't knock it till you try it.

Elisa said...

There is a local children's bookstore that carries some of those hats. I could totally see you owning a little store like that.

Kelly L said...

So fun, Steph! You are one of the most creative people I know. I wish I were there to celebrate with you!

Testing said...

I wish I had seen this sooner- sounds like lots of fun. We have a Laie Wives Club that we are getting started to have some girls nights, this idea would be perfect!