Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bewitching!

I had so much fun at the Witches Brew Party. I think this might become an annual tradition. As I mentioned earlier, I invited my girlfriends over for a girls' night and all of them had to wear a decorated witches hat. I decided to go all out and made myself a simple toole skirt to wear over a black skirt to match my hat. I was so excited when the witches started to arrive because they really came up with some great hats!
Check out this closeup of Megan's hat! She won the award for most creative hat
And I don't want to make this post forever long, but here are a few other hat highlights (I was going to post photos of everyone, but I missed a few guests so here are some highlights). Reba's, which was one of Larry's favorites (I had a hard time taking photos of hats because I didn't want a bunch of faceless pictures, but then you can't see how cool the hats really are)
Liz won the best overall hat because it was amazing!!!!!! She painted wood stars silver and stuck them all over her hat, then she drilled holes through them and poked Christmas lights through the holes. She wore a battery pack stuck to a headband under her hat. Then she draped the whole thing with fun fabric.
Jessica, knitter extraordinaire, knitted her hat of course! She was a very close second for best overall hat.
Noelle had a fancy evening witches hat.
And I loved Eva's simple witch's beret with an owl.
This picture doesn't really do Nikki's hat justice because you can't see how she painted all of those spiders crawling out of her hat. She won the cutest hat award.
I tried to have plenty of fun treats on hand like these tombstone cupcakes (on a stand that Larry is getting me for Christmas . . . )
And Jessica spent the afternoon helping me decorate trays and trays of these monster sugar cookies.
I also served apple cider (Witches brew) and had a carmel apple bar and then everyone got to take home their carmel apples.
I didn't remember to take a group photo until over half of the group was gone, but don't they look like a group that you want to hang out with? Thank you so much to everyone who came!

17 comments:

Kim said...

Steph:
Your party looks so fun. What talented friends you have. Next year I'm having one. Were you and Larry the judges? Miss you!!! Come and visit. Mom

Anonymous said...

Amazing! You are so great at throwing parties! I want to come to one! Love you!

lisa h. said...

i'm sorry i missed it!! it would have been more fun that our puppy night....which i think we realized we aren't ready for!

Noelle said...

Thank you for hosting! I had a lot of fun, and my tasty caramel apple is at home tempting me as I type. :) You really are quite the party-hostess and I was amazed at the creativity of your cute treats!

malia said...

ok. that is so darling.
you are so creative!
and i love your green walls. how fun!

I am Laura said...

Wish I lived there so I could've come. Looks like a lot of fun and the food looked fabulous. I must do this next year.

Anonymous said...

It was a blast and your decorations and food were to die for . . . thanks for hosting and for the invitation. : )

Elisa said...

GREAT party, creative bunch of girls!

amyh said...

Everyone looks great! I'm sorry I couldn't make it :(

Lovely gd Cee said...

pretty cool!

Mom said...

I wish I could have come!!! It absolutely looks like more fun than sitting in an airport! You are so clevre & creative - throw the BEST parties!

tanyawebster said...

those cookies look awesome...you should maybe post your recipe...i have not found a good sugar cookie recipe and those cookies look super super yummy!

Anonymous said...

this was so much fun, Steph!

Faith W said...

And the most creative hostess award goes to ..... :)

TX Girl said...

Your party looks like a hit. Those hats are darling. From the looks of it, you have some ridiculously clever ideas when it comes to party planning.

Traci said...

I love your idea of a witches party!!! I think witches are one of the best costumes for Halloween! Loved all the hats!!

HML said...

Hello, just chiming in b/c I came over from your sister's blog.... LOVE your Halloween party ideas. This one is great and I am soo doing to copy it. What did you end up doing as the prizes? What parties are you doing this year?