Friday, October 19, 2007

Speaking of pumpkins . . .

Awhile ago I mentioned that I needed a recipe for pumpkin pancakes and two of my friends sent me the same recipe, so it must be good. Jessica says she got her recipe from Ruth and Nikki says she got her recipe from Martha Stewart so I'm guessing Martha's the original source. Anyway, Larry and I tried it last night, and it was delicious so here it is for the rest of you:

Pumpkin Pancakes

Whisk 1 1/4 cup flour, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. each cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.

Mix 1 egg, 6 Tbsp. pumpkin puree, 2 Tbsp. melted butter, and 1 cup milk, fold into dry ingredients.

Heat a buttered skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook about 3 minutes per side.

Makes 12 pancakes.


Oh, and did I mention we seem to have a new resident at our home . . .

A PUMPKIN FAIRY!!!! We haven't spotted her yet, but she seems to have made herself right at home in one of our pumpkins. I wonder if she's here to stay or just visiting for the season. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

J* said...

Actually, I really wouldn't be surprised to find out Martha's getting tips from Ruth.

Heather said...

Say hi to your new resident. Although I think one resident per household is enough. They're worked to so hard I hear.

lisa h. said...

i'll be making those pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. my kids are totally into all the pumpkin foods - i love it!

love the pumpkin fairy too!

malia said...

steph...
i totally made these this morning and we LOVED them. we have a magelby's syrup recipe that went awesome with it. so yummy! thanks for sharing. it will be a fall staple at our house. :)