Friday, October 05, 2007

Creed at Six Months

I know, I know, Creed is now six and a half months old and I'm just getting around to posting these pictures! I guess I've just been busy traveling and enjoying how much Creed has grown. He had his six month appointment last week and I said something about what I big guy Creed is and the doctor said, "Yah, I just double checked my chart because I thought there's no way this can be his six month appointment, he seems so much older, but it is." That happen to us all the time, we know a lot of doctors and nurses and even the ones who specialize in pediactrics always guess that Creed is older than he is. So here's our six-month-old boy. Our doctor also said, "He's really . . . um . . . energetic." Uh that's putting it nicely! He's always on the move. This month not only did he start sitting up on his own, but he's really trying to crawl. He struggles and struggles. He gets up on his hands and toes with his bum way up in the air. He kicks his legs, but he hasn't figured out his arms and most of the time he scoots backwards and gets really frustrated as he moves further from the object he's trying to reach. This pictures was taken in California when he backed himself under a chair and got stuck.
The exciting news is that today he MOVED FORWARD!!!!! It was only about a foot and a half, but it was a step in the right direction. He's really going to be on the move in no time.
This week he started on stage two baby food and a sippy cup with water (that he just likes to chew on)

He's started napping during the day, which is a lifesaver, and he has been such a trooper in all of our travels this month. I can't believe he's already half a year old. It's so fun to watch his personality emerging and I love that he reaches for us when he wants to be picked up now. He wakes up slowly from naps and likes to be cuddled for a bit before he's ready to play. He likes playing with his toys, but his greatest loves are any kind of paper and plastic bags. We can't wait to see what he will do next!

3 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

I love the peek-a-boo picture under the chair. SO cute. He's a photogenic little guy! Glad he's giving you a break during the day.

I had never really noticed that there is a character on The Office named Creed until Thursday. I didn't realize I had ever heard that name before.

Anonymous said...

Yay for energetic babies who don't want a ton of sleep! Creed is adorable.

J* said...

Max is shrinking! Did you notice that?