Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The reality of life around here

This is what I look like approximately 1 million times a day! Take a closer look in case you missed it
And did you notice that it was in my hair too? How does that happen? Oh, and take my word for it, that was a mild one. I spared you from seeing the worst. I was so optimistic that after Creed's doctor quadrupled his reflux medication life would be getting so much better around here. I had visions of long naps that would give me some free-time before 11 p.m. and laundry that smelled fresh for more than three minutes. Ya, not so much! We will be visiting another doctor tomorrow, but I'm not feeling too much hope for our poor little guy.
I did have a chance to experiment with glitter today though. I picked up two types, an extra-fine red glitter and a course muted pink glitter that looks a little like antique glass glitter. The extra fine glitter was a lot easier to work with, but harder to clean up. I just tried it on the simplest doors possible because I didn't know how it would turn out. What do you think? To glitter or not to glitter?

9 comments:

Cassie L. said...

I have probably already told you this, but I feel your pain. All three of my kids are constant spitters (to the rest of the world that looks like vomit), and I have worn it every day of their first year of life. Anthony is slowly getting better (almost 10 months later!) and it nauseates me to think of doing it again. I have lost sleep over this and many tears, but I guess it could be worse. No meds ever stopped my kids from spitting up, just stopped their pain and let them eat in peace. Good luck!!!!!!

Elisa said...

The left side of my hair almost always smells like urp. I do like the glitter.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Sorry about the constant spitting up--Damon spit up a ton, too, and I didn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have a wet shoulder. Hopefully he will outgrow that soon!

Also, did you read my post about Damon's fear of the tooth fairy? I'm not sure whether a fairy door would make that better or worse. I sure like them, though. I hope you sell a ton!

Sean said...

Well, on the bright side, the spit up had a cool asymetrical pattern that I thought was part of the shirt until I saw the zoomed in shot.
Your crafts are adorable!

lisa h. said...

i love the glitter!

poor creed, hope the next doctor has some better news.

Laura said...

Jax is also a spitter. It's pretty grose,but the first day they actually begin to spit up and then swallow it is a great day :)

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Great kid payback blackmail photos for Creed someday. It may take a while for that to settle in--probably when he is blessed with his own child that spits up just as frequently. You take it in good stride though--keep it up.

Reba said...

I, too thought the spit up was a design element on your shirt, so you wear it well :)

Love the glitter doors. Chris got me tickets to a concert and told me the ticket fairy brought them, so she must be casing the joint even though I can't quite tell where she's moved in . . .

Laurie said...

Have you tried prevacid? Ayla had reflux and I tried Zantax with her but it did not help at all. The prevacid tablets did wonders and though pricey, were worth it.