Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Day at the Fair

What better way for Alex to have a true Ohio experience than to go to the Ohio State Fair on a nice humid day? Larry and I did our best to enjoy our last Ohio State Fair. We began by introducing Creed and Alex to the annual tradition of sculpting a lifesize cow made out of butter.
Creed didn't think much of the butter cow
But he sure thought a lot of Alex. This is the face that he made everytime she looked at him.
Which is similar to the face that Larry made when he was introduced to the beef sundae.
And I think I was making the same face at the bottom of this slide because Larry and I raced, and even though I started out far behind, I totally beat him in the end!
And although I didn't catch it, I'm pretty sure it's the face Alex made when she received this . . .
Yes folks, Alex won an award for being the NUMBER ONE PIG ROOTER at the pig races!
We saw lots of other animals at the fair, like real cows, rabbits, horses, sheep, goats, llamas . . .
And of course Ben had to check out the chickens

5 comments:

R said...

That looks so fun! I'm sad we missed it because Eric's family wasn't so keen on the idea.
And funny enough, I know Alex! Is that weird or what? Through my old roommate Breanne. We knew each other at BYU. Is that weird or what?
Small world.
~R

Reba said...

Beef Sunday?! That is an April Fools joke waiting to happen . . .

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, honey! Want to come hang out this evening? I am planning to make grape jelly - so my kitchen will smell GREAT - but be quite steamy. We can take turns jollying Creed - Ken love to do that silly dance and sing song thing - come make jelly with me!!

Elisa said...

So many amazing things in this post! The butter cow...WOW the beef sundae gross but intriguing and that slide looks awesome!

Kents said...

Hi Stef and Larry. It's Ben's cousin Kirsten . I met you at Med. School Graduation. I stumbled upon your blog. I didn't know you had had a baby! How cute is Creed! It was fun to catch up on your fun lives and CUTE house, and see pic's of Ben and Alex. Love those two, don't see them enough! Take care!