Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy Right Now . . .

Larry and I finally joined 1999 and got cell phones when we moved out here. Since we've never had cell phones, the sales person convinced us to get whatever phone and use it for a while and then bring it back to exchange it for another phone once we figured out what we wanted. Well, that turned out to be the best advice ever because thanks to huge demand for the new Iphone (which I would love, but cannot justify at this point in my life), all the other nice phones aren't selling so they were offering huge rebates. For $20 more than the cheapo phone I had that didn't do anything, I now am the proud owner of this Palm Centro, which does everything I can possibly think of.
Penelope on DVD

Pepperidge Farms honey goldfish grahams, Creed's favorite new on-the-go snack

My new dress from Target

Finally having a closet in our room, even if it isn't finished. Our bedroom had a two foot wide closet so Larry and I have been living out of suitcases until we finally got this closet up. It was our one totally impractical splurge to make living in our rental here a little more comfortable. Besides our bed, it pretty much fills up the tiny room, but I love it!

What girl could resist putting her shoes away if she gets to put them away like this? This new charm (mine is orange instead of pink). I had the pleasure of meeting up with two blogging friends, Elisa and Cristin and they gave me this beautiful charm, which is actually made on a scrabble tile. The night before, I had just been talking to Larry about ordering the poster version, which Cristin owns, and how I think I need to adopt "Keep calm and carry on" as my mantra for this move. I couldn't believe my eyes when Cristin handed me the charm. It couldn't have been a more perfect gift.
And the frames and alphabet prints that I designed for Eva have been getting some really lovely compliments that make me happy too (and yes, this feels like bragging, but I can't help it, I'm so proud of what a great job Eva did with them)

Being featured on Poppytalk Handmade

and this mention on A Little Sussy, a blog that I LOVE

and this mention on Decor8

and this one that makes me laugh on What Designers

and last, but not least, this amazing post on Apartment Therapy

7 comments:

Marissa Joy said...

Once again your post as proven you to be one of the coolest people I know or have ever met! love you!

Elisa said...

You've got some very cute shoes.

Cristin is so great, I love my necklace too.

Ellen said...

Where can I get one of your alphabet prints? Could Eva get me one? I'm in love with them! Way to go!

Sam and Marcie said...

Ok, I LOVE your dress and your shoe organizer!! They ROCK!

Stephanie said...

I love that Target dress! So cute!

Anonymous said...

I bought that same dress in green! :)

Serendipity said...

It was very fun getting together...(My kiddos are still taking about how cute Creed was!) Thank for making the trip to PC!