Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meet the Girl Version of Creed

My dad called us Saturday night to invite us to a slide show of slides from my childhood by request of my sisters. Candice mentioned to my mom that there aren't that many pictures of us when we were little and my mom said it's because they had lots of slides. We dug out a grocery bag and sorted through slides and came up with some gems. I took a few picture of the slide show with my camera since we don't have a slide scanner yet so forgive the blurry photos, but i had to post a few of my favorites.

First of all, I guess this explains where Creed's big open-mouthed smile comes from.
My mom made pretty much all of the clothes that you see in these pictures. I can't imagine making all of Creed's clothes.
People always ask where Creed gets his white-blond hair and they are always surprised when I say that I was the same way when I was little.
Here I am with Candice. We were always about the same size.
My whole family cracked up when they saw this one because this is so me. I used to fight to be able to get myself dressed and I always ended up in outfits like this when I won the battle. My mom would have to compromise, "You can wear this to the store if I get to pick out what you wear to church tomorrow . . ."
And speaking of stylin, here's my dad the day he got his PHD And here are all of the Borup girls.

It was crazy looking back and realizing how much Creed looks like me and how much Logan looks like Marissa. I'm so glad that my sisters got my dad to pull out the slides. It makes me a little sad that we don't use film anymore and Creed won't have a slide show of his childhood one day. We could always put together a Powerpoint and project it or something, but it just isn't the same as film.

11 comments:

Malinovka said...

SO fun! I loved watching slide shows of us when we were little--we'd do it for an FHE activity now and then. Those pics were so cute! I love finding the resemblance between kids and their parents. Can't believe you were so blond when you were young!!

Brooke said...

Those are some dang cute pictures of the girls. That is how I remember you all looking when we played together as kids :) Crazy how strong those "Carr" genes are- the picture of Candice in the yellow dress looks just like the pictures of Heather!

Mom said...

How wonderful that you have that! We alwyas planned to watch the old movies our parents saved - and tape our comments..us lauginhg at ourselves..with Dad. Now it's too late. Take advantage of all of these times while you have the chance. love, Mom Cat

Kelli Radmall said...

I love those slides! You all were such cute kids. Oh my, Marissa is a little chunky monkey in the last one. I love it! Creed does look like you-that's adorable! Felicity looks EXACTLY like a picture of Kurt when he was a baby, not me:( I guess she will go through life hearing, "You look just like your dad!" which is what I still hear. I loved seeing you and meeting the famous Creed, what a great kid.

Adrian said...

I love looking at slides. Those are great pictures. Your little boy does look just like you. :)

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Classic photos!! You are still the same bright eyed smiling beauty--so fun to see.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Steph . . . those picture are priceless and you were an ADORABLE little kid! I especially love the photo of your with open-mouthed smile!

Laurel said...

I LOVE these! We didn't have slides of US growing up, but I remember watching the multiple trays of slides from my dad's mission to Mexico. They were the best memories! Very fun pictures.

Krista Hansen said...

Those pictures are so fun. Creed is lucky to have such cute parents. I need to dig out some old slides of me and compare with Sam. PLEASE call me when you are free sometime. I would love to see you and meet adorable Creed. P.S. I love chubby baby Marissa!

Krista Hansen said...

Oops. My phone # is (801) 318-4741.

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

oh wow! the resemblance is uncanny!so adorable.