Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Little Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

We had a baby shower for my friend Ellen at my house this weekend, and thanks to Kristin and Kristina (the two on the right side of this picture) it went really well and I didn't have to do much.
Basically, I made limebars. Then I made these tissue paper pom-poms (with directions from Martha, of course) (Thanks for the idea Faith and Cassie). Kristin came up with the cute decorations hanging behind us in the picture of the group of us and she made matching party favors for everyone.I'm sure you can guess the sex of the baby from these pictures!
Then I was in charge of one game. If you know me, you know I hate baby showers games so I tried to come up with something that wouldn't be awkward or embarrassing to anyone, and this is what I came up with: The Name Game. Every parent-to-be has baby names on the brain and soon they'll be introducing their baby to all sorts of fictional friends so this was a chance to review some old and new. I tried to come up with a good mix so no one would be completely at a loss, but a few of them are hard so everyone would get them all right either. It looks pretty shabby because I can't open Photoshop at the moment or my computer will crash, but you get the idea.

And just for fun. How many of these characters can you name? I will send a prize to my friend or family member who can email me with the most character names, but you cannot get help, consult your own library or search online. Be honest because this is just for fun! I think if you click on the picture it will get larger. Good luck!

8 comments:

MeganRuth said...

So, I think since I'm a children's librarian it would be very unfair for me to participate. However, I think that was a very fun game you played, and there are many of those books you got the picture from that I love!

Heather said...

I would participate too, but yesterday I learned a couple names I didn't know, so I'll leave the prize to some other lucky soul. Thanks for the fun contest idea!

Anonymous said...

I was about to e-mail you but then I decided it probably wasn't fair since I'm a teacher and kids book bibliophile. :)

Steph said...

Emily Kate and Megan you should both totally enter because I would love to mail either of you a prize.

Sorry that I ruined it for you Heather. I wasn't thinking about doing a contest when I talked to you!

Charity said...

Hi Stephanie

Can you e-mail me a list of all the correct answers? Or maybe post them later?

Thanks for the fun!
Charity

Kim said...

Cute idea Steph. There are a lot of my favorite books there. I know one that you really like since I made you a quilt of it. I won't name names though.

Anonymous said...

I got 10.75 correct. But I think I'm uneligible for the prize, because I have an in with the judge.

Anonymous said...

I hope you post the answers!