Saturday, March 15, 2008

Back from the dead

Well, it's been a long week full of sore throats, coughing, and runny noses, but we've survived and even managed to accomplish a few things. Our house went from this (well, this is a picture from a few years ago so picture this but faded quite a bit to an uneven light blue).

To this:We mulched, put up new shutters (we were planning to paint them, but they are so cheap that we just replaced them (price depends on the size, but ours were $30/pair), which was actually fairly easy, and by easy, I mean easy for me as I stood holding the bottom of the ladder while Larry did all the work), and painted the front door red. Now we just have to repaint the doorframe put up the new house numbers.

And I managed to make this for Nikki's birthday

Along with a smaller version for Audrey, which Creed is modellingNow it's on to plans for Creed's first birthday and Easter!

8 comments:

Reba said...

Very cute! Both the house and apron.

Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I don't comment too often but the house looks great and those aprons?? are about the cutest things ever!! I am IN LOVE with aprons right now. So sweet! :)

Molly Malia said...

i love the house, its amazing what a little face lift will do!
and i love the apron... my new addiction!

Marissa Joy said...

You are so talented. Everything looks awesome.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So happy that you guys are feeling better. The matching aprons are darling and I LOVE the red door--looks so inviting and I would want to buy your house!

Kim said...

Wow Steph! The house looks great. Those few simple things really updated the house. Out with the colonial blue...do we miss it? Hhmmmm....nope. lol

The aprons are adorable. Scallops are hard; it looks like you did a great job. The fabrics are very hip too. (I didn't want to say "very nice" but I know you are laughing at my use of "hip".)

Faith W said...

The house looks awesome and I just LOVE these aprons, so talented girl!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

love the door and the shutters. it really pops now.