Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yellow Party- Part 5, The Photo Booth

I promise this will be the last post about Creed's yellow party, but there was one detail that I've been dying to show you!

Thanks to some help from my parents, I was able to pull together a last minute idea I had to entertain all the grownups at our family party for Creed.  Our little bungalow has a back hallway where the kitchen, bathroom and our bedrooms meet and the hall is almost a little room so we hung a curtain across the center and made a photo booth.  My mom lent us her camera and remote and my dad set it up with his tripod and professional lights.
Little did I know that while all the adults enjoyed it, the booth was probably Creed's favorite part of the party.  He kept sneaking into it and we ended up with many photos like this.  
I think he snuck into pictures with most of our guests too.  Even when he didn't make it into the picture, he was often peaking in the corner and pushing the remote for everyone.  I know a lot of you don't know my family, but I had to include a ton of pictures because they are guaranteed to make anyone smile.  I really should have cropped a lot of them, but just pretend that I did for now.  Here's Creed with my dad (AKA Papa)
And Creed with my mom.
Creed with his cousin William
I made a bunch of yellow props and left them in there for the guests to enjoy.  I wish that I had time to make more, but I still think they ended up pretty funny.  Here are Whitney and Scott.

My little brother, Eli, and Brenna

And Tyler and Lisa.  They are the masters of the photo booth (they go to the one in our neighborhood regularly) so I couldn't resist posting a bunch of them.  They really were all fabulous!








And at the end of the party, Larry, Creed, and I found a moment together.



I'm not sure which of the next two pictures of Larry scares me more!

19 comments:

Greta said...

The kids were giggling looking at all the pictures and were so excited to see your family! I was crying while they laughed because I miss having you closeby. Happy Birthday, Creed! You had some great parties thanks to your awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

You are THE COOLEST!

Larry said...

While I make myself laugh betimes, Tyler and Lisa take the cake!

farleece said...

brilliant!!

L.R.L said...

oh man, I can't hold in my laughter when I see these...

KIC said...

Oh my, you guys are hilarious! What a fantastic party. You really should be a party planner. Your attention to detail is amazing!

Kate said...

that last photo is hilarious

Nina said...

Lisa with the goggles and Larry with the goggles are the best pictures!! However, Larry the Chicken (at least that's what he looks like with the yellow mask) is a tough contender, too!

taniawillis said...

can i be you when i grow up?

WendyandGabe said...

I just love the picture with you and Larry looking crazy and Creed just staring at his silly parents. What a lucky guy! Every kid should grow up with such playful parents.

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

i like how creed and larry have matching haircuts.

Dani said...

I laughed out loud at the Larry pictures. I love you guys SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

hey thanks for the awesome idea! i totally used it at my one year old's party. here's the link:

http://theadventuresofroryandjess.blogspot.com/2009/08/photo-booth.html

Thanks!

Jessica

jubilee said...

Found you through Oh Amanda and so glad I did. What a great idea for a party. My kids ALWAYS ask to do the photo booths at the mall. This would be such a hit for them!

Unknown said...

What a fabuous idea. good thinking!

jackie kersh said...

so cute!

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

I just found your blog -- the photo booth looks so fun and something we're thinking of incorporating into our Christmas party. I also wanted to comment because your name caught my eye: My maiden name is Stephanie Dodge... ahh the good 'ol Stephanies and their car last names...

Have a great day!
Stephanie (Dodge) Fazio

photo booth rental said...

Looking cool in all snap.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Love this!