Friday, December 21, 2007

And the Stockings Were Hung By The Chimney With Care

Let's be honest, if you stop by my house right now, with all the creative chaos going on, you would see that most of my house looks just like my kitchen table. YIKES! And I can't even show you any of my cute projects yet because it would spoil some surprises. But I can show you something else that I'm excited about, these stockings!
My first Christmas married, my mom asked me what kinds of Christmas decorations I was going to start collection; did I have a favorite theme or color (all snowflakes or stars, etc.). I told her that I really wanted to stick with red and silver, and not just any red, a deep, true red not orangy or pinkish, like the raw silk she used to my skirts for my bridesmaids. She happened to have extra silk left over and she made stockings for Larry and me and mailed them to us along with the extra fabric. I LOVE these stockings so much. I was supposed to use the extra fabric to make a tree skirt, but it's too precious so I've been hoarding it. This year I mailed it to my mom and she made one for Creed. She just mailed it to me and I love seeing all three stockings lined up along my mantle. Thank you mom!!!!!! The pictures don't really do them justice because I had bad light, but I was too lazy to fix the color in Photoshop.

And oddly, she made three more and included them along with the pattern. Hmmmmmm . . . what could she be trying to tell me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous color! From the pictures I can tell your house looks adorable right now. Makes me a little sad that we never got our Christmas decorations up this year.

Krissy said...

Stephanie those are great looking stockings. So are you going to be in Columbus for xmas? Merry Christmas!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Absolutely beautiful stockings! That was the same as my bridesmaids skirts and I wanted to make a tree skirt out of the leftovers as well--may have to enlist my mom's help.