Friday, September 09, 2011

Taking a little time for myself

I'm headed to camp for the night with the Relief Society (the women's group at my church).  I don't think I've ever been away from either of my little ones overnight and as you can see, the idea is not going over well.  I feel guilt every time I leave to do something without them and they are upset to see me leave, but I try to remind myself that I am a better mother when I take care of myself too.  The happier I am, the more patient I am with them, and I think I'm a better example to them when I'm trying to learn and grow too.

Good thing Larry is so supportive because it looks like it is going to be a rough night!

PS- Creed just told me that he's the poorest kid in the world because his mom is leaving him to go to camp.

7 comments:

Malinovka said...

Have a great time, Steph. And hopefully things at home will go better than you expect. It's so nice to have such a supportive husband!

The Jensen Family said...

I know....when I come to your house it will be the first time i have left jack.

You are a great mom Steph! Go have some fun!

Elisa said...

Miriam use to freak every time I went to Young Women's on Wednesday nights. She would sit on the curb looking just like Creed. She still looks heartbroken when I leave her behind but it's easier now. I honestly feel like it's good for her to see me doing uplifting things for myself. The other two don't seem to mind as much as she did....perhaps a first child thing?

Cristin told me your new beautiful house is so close to where she lives! We should all get together sometime!

Larry said...

Update: we all survived the evening Stephanie-less. It wasn't as much fun as a Stephanie-filled evening, but we managed some fun in spite of it!

amyh said...

Poor, poor Creed! I hope it was a fun evening all around.

Mom said...

You are a better Mother when you take care of yourself. Besides, when else would Creed hear, "no candy until you finish your ice cream." ?? Laughing because I just read "Little Pea" to Amelia this afternoon.

Larry said...

Could I love Cat more?

No.