Thursday, September 22, 2011

Favorites of the Month - September 2011

Favorite food of the month - Locally grown peaches.  Utah peaches are so amazing!  We've been picking them up at the Allred's Barn in Provo.


Favorite Middle Grade Reader of the Month: Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick.  If you liked The Invention of Hugo Cabret, you'll LOVE Wonderstruck.  The illustrations are equally amazing, but the writing is so much stronger.  I'm not telling you anything about the storyline because I want it to be a surprise.  Just pick it up!


Pop-Up Book of the Month: The Yellow Square by David Carter.  Creed is obsessed with finding all the 2's in the Blue Two so we'll soon be surprising him with The Yellow Square and I know he will be thrilled.  I love all the books in the series of modern pop-up books by David Carter.

Favorite Drink of the Month: Mundet Manzana Verde.  I love Mundet's apple soda and now they have a green apple version that comes in the prettiest shade of green (so? sometimes I buy drink just because they are pretty).  Luckily, it's made with real apple juice and it tastes really good too. Plus, it's only 65 cents a bottle, found in the ethnic foods aisle of my local grocery store.


Favorite Classic Movie of the month: Without Love, because you really can't go wrong with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn


Favorite Music Video of the Month: OK Go Muppets Theme Song.  As if OK Go didn't already have the coolest music videos on the planet (my kids would spend all day watching them).

1 comment:

Larry said...

Kids and me watching their videos. Drink so good.