Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One Woman's Button is Another Woman's . . .

Ages ago, I posted a children's book character name game that I put together for a baby shower, and I offered a prize to the winner. Elisa and her daughter Miriam won and last week I finally got around to mailing them a prize, which was fun to put together because I don't get to do a lot of little girl crafts around here. First, I put together some button rings. They are so easy and fun to make. I can imagine these as cute party favors for little girls or a fun project to do together. All you do is sew a loop of elastic and then go through your stash of buttons and find two or three that stack together well (or if you don't have a stash of buttons or need more instructions you could buy a kit from this awesome Etsy shop)
Sew buttons to the elastic loop and whalla!
I made these cards to put them on so it would be obvious what they are.
I also sent them some little wooden people to paint like their family. I was tempted to paint them myself, but I thought they would have more fun painting them, and check out what a great job they did. Elisa's post made my day.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Steph, we LOVE everything. Those dolls get played with everyday!
I have been meaning to email you. There is a very cute children's bookstore in my area (they sell clothes and toys too), I showed the owner the button rings and mentioned the fairy doors. I don't know if you would want to sell local, but she was interested.

Anna said...

these are adorable. you have mad skills. and I love Creed on the skateboard. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the button rings and now I know just what to do with my ever growing stash of buttons!

TX Girl said...

Those button rings are ridculously cute. You should sell them on your etsy store. I know I would buy them!