Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Creed takes a trip to the emergency room

Since Saturday night Creed hasn't been able to keep any food or water in his little body. He slept most of the way home on Sunday, but he's been miserable since then. Larry had to work on Monday so I spent the day at home just holding him and doing my best to mop up the mess that kept coating us both. He seemed to be getting worse, not better, so when Larry got home this morning(after working a night shift while struggling with the same virus) and tried to feed Creed one bite of a muffin, which immediately came back up, we decided to take Creed in to the hospital just to make sure that we weren't missing anything and there wasn't anything else that we could be doing for him. Our doctor's office couldn't fit him in until the very end of the day and we didn't want to wait another eight hours or we would have opted to bring him to the ER first.

I'm sure every mom hates seeing one of these on her baby. He laid there listlessly and put up with everything until they tried to look at his ears and our suspicion was confirmed that his ear infection never cleared up completely, but he can't start another round of antibiotics for a few days because he won't be able to keep them down. So sad! He's also lost at least four pounds and I'm surprised how light he is every time I pick him up.

He was still tossing everything back out tonight, but he seemed to have perked up a bit so here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!

9 comments:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

i'm so sorry that little creed is so sick! i hope he gets better soon! i'll check in.

Adrian said...

I'm so sorry he's sick. I'll be praying he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - almost 4 pounds! That really puts it into perspective. I am so sorry to hear the news and PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do.

Suzie said...

Goodness.
Get better soon, cute boy!

Cassie L. said...

Poor guy!! Anything diagnosable? Am I a doctor's wife???

Stephanie said...

Poor little guy! It's such a bummer to have to take him to the hospital. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Kim said...

Oh, poor little guy. I hope he gets feeling better soon. Cole has it today. How is Larry feeling now? Love and miss you!

Marissa Joy said...

oh no! GET WELL SOON BABY CREED! We love you!

amyh said...

If you guys need any help, please give me a call.