Saturday, May 03, 2008

Send in the frills

I've had bits of this apron strewn about the house all week as I've worked on it here and there, but I finally finished it today! I made it for Cat as a late birthday gift because she cooks more than anyone I know and deserves to feel cute while she cooks. I finished the bottom first and wasn't really liking it because it seemed a little too frilly and girly. The Zozes stopped by as I was debating about taking the ruffle at the bottom off and starting over, but they changed my mind because they said, "It's an apron! It can't be too girly or frilly, that's the point of it." So instead I decided to embrace the frills. I'm so happy with how the waist band turned out.
I also sewed her name and a little note on the apron ties (it was not so easy with my sewing machine so pretend it turned out prettier).

We delivered it tonight and I think she liked it. It even matched what she was wearing!
Now Larry wants one just like it!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Anna said...

okay this is superfabulous. Do you have patterns for all these aprons you make or do you just eyeball it?

Faith W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith W said...

So gorgeous, love it! Thought about selling these ??? :)

Katherine said...

I love it and Cat looks fabulous in it! I bet she is so sad to see you leave.

Britain said...

Very darling. I have been asking for an apron for mother's day for years now. Possibly seven as that is how old Payton is. But no dice. I finally broke down and bought one for myself. It didn't even occur to me to sew a cute one. You are so cute and creative. I bet your friend loved it. If you make one for Larry, you need to find some garden gnome print.

Elisa said...

Wow, cute and so nice of you! I am in awe of how you complete projects so fast, and it seems, so easily!

I am Laura said...

I want one just like it too. you are so cute and creative.

Serendipity said...

Oh my!
...I especilly love all the extra little details...the writing, the trim, etc.
...so lovely!
...what a gift to cherish!

malia said...

i want one too!
darling fabric.
maybe you should post a tutorial on this one too! :)

taniawillis said...

i second the tutorial request! this is LOVELY! the waistband is what sends it over the top to FABULOUS!!!! it's always a delight to stop by your blog. i picked up some alligator clips to make hairbows after seeing your pictures here.....just haven't made them yet.

Marissa Joy said...

Another fabulous creation. You are my Yoda of crafts. I have much to learn Yoda! Love you.

amyh said...

It's cool to see the finished product! Thanks for the pictures.