Thursday, August 03, 2006

Updates

Miracle of miracles, my sisters, Candice and Marissa have both recently updated their blogs. Check them out and notice that we all have identical haircuts at the moment.

In other news, Larry is doing an infectious disease rotation this month. He hopes to do his fellowship in ID so he is working hard to impress (plus he's working with a brand new intern and new third-year med students who don't know their way around the hospital or computer system yet) so he is working crazy hours. He came home at 11 p.m. on Tuesday and he wasn't even on call. Yesterday he got home around 8:30 p.m., which was better, but considering that he left at 6:30 a.m. it's still not great. I have a feeling it's going to be a long month.

My parents headed back to Utah on Tuesday. Candice and Mark took them to the airport because I was in charge of an event in Grove City for work that day so I couldn't do it. The event went from 4:30 to 6:30 with the mayor speaking at 5:30. I had to be there for setup and cleanup so I barely made it home in time to host book club at my house. I asked my mom and Candice to be sure to leave the house clean because I knew I wouldn't have time for cleanup. I just meant make sure all the toys and movies the nephews got out were put away, but they went above and beyond. The house was spotless, the floors were mopped, the laundry was done, the bathrooms sparkling, Candice made pies to serve at book club, and she also left fresh cherries in my fridge. I got a little teary because it was such a nice surprise after a stressful day.

With my birthday coming up this month, I reviewed my list of new things I tried this year. There are still a couple of things that I wanted to try this year, but I made it to 25 so some of those things can wait until after I turn 26 and I try to do 26 new things. It wasn't very hard for me to make it to 25, but imagine it will get harder and doing 72 new things when I'm 72 won't be so easy. A couple of things that I know I want to try soon are going berry picking, creating my own letterbox, visiting Old Man's Cave, and trying to make one of these monkeys without a pattern since the pattern isn't available.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

My Birthday is coming up this month too! This will be my HUGE 3-0, but we are so swamped selling soap and repainting our whole house I don't think I will be able to do anything big. I love your 26 new things idea!

Elisa said...

I just looked at the monkeys, they are DARLING!! A very worthy "new thing".

Anonymous said...

It is a cute monkey. And can you imagine if I tried as many new things as years old I am? There aren't enough days in the year...