Friday, August 25, 2006

My birthday

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes. I just wanted to let you all know that I had a great day (besides the having to go to work part anyway). I felt very spoiled, lots of birthday phone messages and e-cards, cheesecake from the cheesecake factory after my company took me out to lunch, Cat's lemons bars (which are one of my favorite things in the world), fun gifts from Larry like an FM transmitter so I can finally listen to my Ipod in the car and a copy of New Moon and the Doris Day DVD Glassbottom Boat (that boy knows me so well!), and an amazing Japanese dinner at Akai Hana (formerly Restaurant Japan).

Growing up I hated birthdays because we moved fairly often and my parents always tried to move us in time for the new school year, which meant right before my birthday, and starting at a new school where you know absolutely no one and you don't have a single friend to celebrate is never fun. When I first got married I didn't want to make a big deal out of birthdays, but I do make a big deal out of every other holiday and Larry's caught on, only now he makes a big deal about my birthday too. I've never been disappointed by him, he makes sure to always plan some special fun and I really appreciate it. He is the biggest reason I actually look forward to my birthdays now!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Very sweet. Happy Birthday to you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you had a good birthday. You deserve it.