Monday, August 07, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

Our weekend was fairly uneventful, but it was a good time for me to relax and catch up on things around the house. Larry was on call and worked from 7:00 a.m. on Saturday to 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, which put him WAY over his 80 hour work-week cap. That left me with a lot of free time. I read a few books, went to a baby shower, picked up fabric at JoAnn’s, started sketching out my monkey pattern, and visited Larry at the hospital. Oh, and I started cleaning out my closet, which is a HUGE undertaking. There were things buried in there that will never fit me again, and if they ever did I will just reward myself with new clothes instead of holding onto clothes that someone else could be wearing. We went to dinner at the Erney’s on Sunday (our adopted Columbus family), which was perfect timing because I brought along loads of clothes for the girls to look through. Somehow it’s easier giving away old clothes that you still love if they’re going to people you love who are happy to get them. I made it through everything hanging in my closet, but I still have to brave my dresser, my sweaters (which Larry thinks is quite the out of control collection), and my shoes. Why is it so hard to get rid of some of this stuff that I never wear?

When I was little the cleaning fairy used to visit our house on random occasions, and when the house was clean she would leave us a treat. If the house was dirty she would leave us a note that she visited, but she was unable to leave a treat because the house was messy. Where’s the cleaning fairy now? I guess I’ll have to come up with some other way to motivate myself.

On a side note, while I was at JoAnn’s I saw that they now have a whole aisle of decorative letters of all different sizes and fonts. I don’t know if it’s the writer or graphic designer in me, but I’ve always been obsessed with monograms and words. I think this might inspire a new project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Mom: Yes, I often ask for the house fairy too but I want you to clean and not just reward. Even with all you kids gone, this house is still a lot of work. Dad cooked tonight but he used four bowls, one pan, two cutting boards, the food processor, etc. I'm not sure if it's a good thing to have him cooking or not. JK He's a great cook just messy. He even told me he was trying to clean up after himself.

Great work on the closet. Let's see before and after pictures. :) Love, Mom

Elisa said...

oooooh, I live so close to a JoAnn's but never go inside because I don't own a sewing machine, if I had known they had such cute decorative stuff I would have been there every week!

Does it drive you crazy to see typos?? I am spelling and sentence structure impaired (impared?) and it drives my smarty pants friends (and husband)nuts.

Robin said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those letters! I'll wait to see yours before I even make an attempt, it's easier to just copy you, and much cuter than anything I would come up with on my own!