Monday, August 21, 2006

Raspberries!

Well, Larry and I had a wonderful Friday. We dropped his car off to be repaired and then we followed my friend Robin's advice and went raspberry picking at Circle S Farms outside of Grove City.


It may not look that hot, but it was so hot! I’m not sure how much Larry enjoyed his afternoon as a farmer, but we ended up with about 6 lbs of raspberries.


I made two batches of freezer jam on Saturday morning and we still have lots of raspberries left over.

Saturday afternoon went with our friends Jason and Liz to see the movie Roman Holiday at the Ohio Theater. I know I’ve said this before, but that theater is so amazing! I would be happy seeing anything there because I just love being in the theater. Every summer they play a lot of old movies at the Ohio Theater because it was originally built to show silent films. They still have the original organ that pops up out of the stage and they play it before movies and during intermission. We decided to go to the matinee on Saturday because they offered a free tour of the theater afterward. They even demonstrated the different organ and lights capabilities (Lish, it was our favorite organ player, you would have loved it!) The season last for one more week so if you’re in Columbus, you still have a chance to watch a movie there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... can't wait to taste that jam! Cool pics of the theater! We'll definitely have to check it out!
~Rachel

Anonymous said...

Steph...you good homemaker! The jam looks delicious. I spent the weekend with Marissa doing projects for her apartment. You guys all live better than we did at your age. Maybe you just have better taste. Mom

Elisa said...

Oh I love raspberries. I keep hearing about these 'you pick it' farms. There has to be something around here...I need to do some research.

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with your husband?