- I have lived in Santa Monica, CA; Arcata, CA (very Northern); Logan, UT; Clemson, SC; Cookeville, TN; Washington, DC; Orem, UT; Provo, UT; Laie, HI; and Columbus, Ohio.
- I was an exchange student for a summer in Kawasaki, Japan
- I studied abroad in London
- Larry and I will live in Columbus for 7 years (and even longer if he does his fellowship here) that means the longest I will have lived anywhere will be Columbus. I think I’m officially an Ohioan.
- When I was little used to love troll dolls. I had tons of them and I built very intricate houses for them.
- My favorite movie is Sense and Sensibility
- I collect leaf plates and Mr. Potato heads and I really want the new Artoo Potatoo Potato head
- I’m afraid of ducks and geese. They totally freak me out. If you look into their eyes you can clearly see that they are planning world domination!
- I own Punky Brewster seasons one and two on DVD.
- I have never owned a cell phone.
- I hate garden gnomes and am tragically married to someone who would love to have a yard full on them.
- I would love to be a writer or a children’s literature professor.
- I want to travel to Italy, Australia, and Alaska
- I am so excited for Gail Carson Levine’s new book Fairest, Stephenie Meyer’s new book New Moon, and Shannon Hale’s new book River Secrets to come out this fall.
- I am truly awful at calling people back.
- I’m really tempted to order the first season of the Adventures of Pete and Pete on Amazon because I want to know if it’s really as bizarre and entertaining as I remember it.
- I want to have poppies in my yard but I’ve tried to plant them three times and I keep killing them. What am I doing wrong?
- It just takes fifteen minutes outside for me to become totally sunburned.
- I designed some cute graduation party invitations for a friend today.
- In ninth grade I really wanted to be a fashion designer and I made a dress out of men’s ties.
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive The Bus by Mo Willems is my favorite picture book. In graduate school I wrote a paper comparing it to another of my favorites, The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone.
- I’m in the middle of reading The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency (yes, it’s true; sometimes I read books that were actually written for adults).
- I just set a goal to try to be better about writing Thank You notes so you might be getting one in the mail soon. I love collecting stationary; I’m just not very good at using it.
- I don’t check email on the weekends.
- From the ages of about five to seven, every time I wished on a star I wished to have one of each kind of My Little Pony.
- I am going to be expanding my book club horizon and I am going to host a grown-up book club in October. I think we will be reading Dodie Smith’s I Capture the Castle because it’s oh so lovely.
- I don’t think that very many people regularly read this blog.
- It doesn’t take much to make me cry.
- I am self-conscious about all of the pictures I take because my dad and my sister are amazing photographers.
- I am excited to go on a letterboxing adventure with my friend Kelly on Wednesday.
Monday, May 22, 2006
100 Things (1-30)
So I was planning to mimic my friend Laura by posting 100 things about myself, but it looks like I only have time to list 30 things so you can look forward to the rest later. I just little whateve came to mind so you're going to think I'm a little crazy so maybe this list is better in smaller proportions anyway. Here's what I have so far:
Posted by Stephanie Ford at 3:24 PM