Tuesday, June 02, 2009

This summer I want to

  • scour antique shops hunting for letters from old signs to spell abra cadabra like this in Creed's room (so far I have two A's a B and a C)
  • spend the night in a treehouse
  • go garage saling with my mom at Lake Tahoe
  • meet Marissa's new baby
  • finish Creed's quilt
  • spend Saturday mornings at the Farmer's market
  • swim in the Great Salt Lake and picnic on Antelope Island
  • camp at Payson Lake
  • go to at least one play at the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City
  • draw a family portrait for my own family
  • hunt for fossils with my dad
  • hold an outdoor movie screening with Lisa
  • enjoy J-Dawgs while most students are away and the lines are shorter
  • eat lots of snowcones with Creed
  • review constellations and attend a star party
  • learn to use our first bbq (just gifted to us by our neighbors who moved) -does anyone have and tips or recipes to share?
  • design my own line of cards for Sycamore Street Press
  • go to a drive-in movie
What are your plans for the summer?

7 comments:

WendyandGabe said...

Shakespeare festival and farmer's market are on my list too! Hope you don't mind if I use this theme for a blot post too. Some of your ideas made me feel nostalgic.

lisa h. said...

Have you heard of this place? You can stay in a Tree House here:
http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/prclst.html

BTW the Tuttle Mall now has a photo booth! I let my kids go in it yesterday...though your Dad's booth took way better pics I think.

April Miner said...

you can kill 2 birds with one stone by sleeping in our RAD tree hut after attending an amazing Shakespeare play... Come on down!

KIC said...

This is our favorite chicken marinade:
2 C. 7-up or Sprite
1 C. vegetable oil
1 C. soy sauce
1 tsp. horseradish
1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced

-Cut meat into small pieces. In a large bowl combine all marinade ingredients and add meat. Marinade 24 hours. Cook turkey on a gas grill until tender and juices run clear.
*My husband always says to cook the chicken "low and slow."
Enjoy!

P.S. Avoid J-Dawgs on Mondays and Saturdays. That's when all the EFY kids are being dropped off and picked up. They all crowd J-Dawgs and The Creamery! The joys of living in Provo.... :)

David said...

Great list, Steph. Sounds like a wonderful summer. And if it's a charcoal grill, I recommend a chimney starter and hardwood charcoal. Enjoy the drive-in!

whitney said...

For my birthday print I want the one on top. The one with the lion, bear, hippo, and elephant. Exactly. I love it.

beautiful things said...

I love the idea of a summer list. I used your idea (with credit to you, of course) on my own blog (fancysodapop.blogspot.com). Thanks for the inspiration and happy summer!