Friday, January 18, 2008

Picture Perfect

It's been stated before, and I'll say it again, "I am an awful photographer." You see a few pictures now and then on the blog that are almost ok, but keep in mind that I take a lot more that don't make it on to the blog. I particularly have a hard time with all the indoor pictures I take with very poor lighting. Candice suggested that I buy a 50 mm lens that would be better for indoor photos, but it took me awhile to get around to it.

The lens arrived today so I pulled it out of the box, put it on my camera and . . . wow! Why didn't I buy the lens months ago? It's sort of a pain that you can't zoom in and out with it and you have to be a little further from your subject then I'm used to, but the indoor pictures are so much better it's worth it! Check it out.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! Look at those bright blue eyes!

Megan said...

I have had a digi camera for about 3 years now, and I have never moved the button from the fully automatic mode...until last week. I decided I was going to learn what all that jibberish meant about ISO, aperture, etc...and almost immediately deduced that I needed a 50 mm lens. You are enabling...you realize that don't you? (Thank you!)

Anonymous said...

I told you! Aren't you lucky to have me? Now if we just lived by each other I could really help. PS You need to go see 27 dresses it's a really cute movie so as soon as larry finishes up this rotation you should get some girl friends together and go.

lisa h. said...

i'll have to look into that, i have the same problem. soon you'll be a pro!

Cassie L. said...

So good! I have all but stopped taking pictures indoor unless I have fabulous natural light thru the windows. Great suggestion!

Sarah S said...

Hi! I came across your blog from someone else's, now I can't remember which one, but thought you were so creative that I added your blog to my reader. When I saw this post, I knew I had to comment. I've had my Nikon D40 for about 9 months and asked for the 50 mm lens for Christmas. I've LOVED it ever since!! My pictures of my baby boy are so so much better than they were with the regular lens, especially indoors.

Thanks for your great posts! I love to do anything with paper and other types of crafts, so it's fun to be inspired by other creative people.

Sarah
severson.blogspot.com (you can see some of my great shots with the 50mm)

Anonymous said...

Love those photos!! I need to go get me that lens! :)

Kim said...

You will be a real pro soon. Now I know when we get together there will be another in the family to talk shop. I guess I better jump on the band wagon.

Shauna said...

What size of lens were you using before? How does/what about the 50 mm lens makes your pictures better? And how do I figure out if I need it too?!