Sunday, January 27, 2008

Creed's New Monster

I love Uglydolls and I've been meaning to attempt making one instead of buying one since they look so easy to make. I couldn't sleep Friday night so I got up around midnight and decided to choose a project from my crafting To Do list (yes, I have a crafting To Do list! Don't laugh). One hour later I had this (mind you I bought the fleece for this project before Creed was born so I didn't exactly finish this quickly, did I?)
The hardest part was just deciding what to use for the face. I went with some towel scraps that I have from making monster towels because Creed loves to feel different textures, but fleece would have been easier to work with. I finished stuffing the monster last night so now he's finished.
I think this project would be a lot more fun if you had your child draw a monster and turned that into a stuffed monster (in fact, I think maybe I saw them do that in a Martha Stewart Kid's magazine . . .) I guess I'll have to make another one when Creed can draw.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Stepper:
So cute. What a talented girl I have. What did Creed think about it?

Charity said...

You are exceptionally talented!!! I hope you realize what a blessing that is to other people...thanks for sharing....I would love to see what a "monster towel" looks like...please share??? You're cooking magazines are in the mail as of tomorrow...thanks for letting be be a lurker...and thanks to Britain for being such a good friend and vouching for my sanity:)

Charity

Charity said...

One more thing...I've got a great monster quilt pattern that I will share with you....my husband loves the book where the wild things are...and I happened upon a quilt pattern that incorporates different monsters in it, they look similar to the one that you have made for Creed...so I'll make a copy and include it in your cooking magazine package along with a picture of the finished product...

Charity

Molly Malia said...

man you are so talented... i can't wait til you get out here... i need some motivation!

Dehner Family said...

impressive!

Anonymous said...

Impressive as always. I married well. VERY well.

Serendipity said...

I love your little green creation -- so cute! I also love the fact that your hubby reads your blog -- and comments! That is awesome!

Steph said...

Charity I would LOVE to see the monster quilt pattern! I have big frames of pictures of Where the Wild Things Are hanging in my living room! I love that book!

I showed a monster towel that I made a long time ago and you can see it here:
http://simplyradiant.blogspot.com/2007/06/monster-in-house.html

If you want to try to attempt making your own, let me know and I'm happy to pass along a few pointers!