Monday, January 21, 2008

Got Glasses?

Ok, last night I asked Larry to take a picture of me in my new glasses, and looking over them now, I think they say a lot about us so I'm sharing all of them. First off, the glasses. I'm 100% sure these are not the frames that I ordered, but when I went to pick them up and get my RGP contact lenses fitted, the contacts were totally messed up (I couldn't even read the huge E at the top of the vision chart, which I can read just fine without contacts) so they had to remeasure the shape of my eyes and send them back and I already felt bad about that so when they handed me my glasses and they were the wrong pair, I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I'm pretty sure that I did try these frames on, and they are growing on me, but they are not the frames that I decided on. The ones that I chose were a bit more funky because I almost never wear glasses, so they might as well be fun, right?

Anyway, I knew I liked these, I just didn't love them so I took them home and figured that I could always work up the courage to say something when I go to pick up my contacts if I'm still not loving them by then.

In this first picture I was just watching Larry get ready, and I didn't know that he was taking my picture. Sheesh, I am so awkward in front of the camera!

Then he took this picture and I thought, "Ok, fine. Whatever. Now we're done."
And I was telling Larry something and making faces, which was when he caught this.

And he says this is the look I often give him; sort of amused and a little confused about whatever he's doing or saying
And then you can't take a bunch of pictures without trying the Blue Steel pose, can you?
And I am not the only one in the family to get new glasses! Larry got his first pair! His optometrist told him that he doesn't really need them, but that he could have them for driving at night if he wanted them, and how could he resist when they are free with our insurance? Even Creed admires them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you look good Steph! Plus I like your glasses.

Megan said...

OK, that comment above just totally mewted my widdow heawt

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So stylish in your new glasses--a great look!

dragonflydreamer said...

You look really good in your new glasses. You have a pretty smile. The photo of your little boy looking at his daddy is so sweet. He is the most photogenic baby I have ever seen. Hope you have a great day.