Friday, January 04, 2008

Homemade Christmas Project #5, Christmas Cards

I love making my own Christmas cards, but I always feel a little bit of pressure to turn out something cool so people don't look at my cards and think, "Isn't she supposed to be a graphic designer? Hmmmmmm . . ." I was so busy with clients cards this year, I almost forgot about my own, but I love how it turned out. It was a bit labor intensive so thanks Larry and Eva for your help! I couldn't decide on just one picture so I tried to come up with something that could fit a lot of pictures without being too, "Look how awesome my baby is!" so it had a rhinestone brad in the middle which allowed the wheel to turn and you could see these pictures below.
I borrowed the Christmas tree and swirl on the front from some free gift tag downloads from Rhonna Farrer, which you can find here. I just altered them a little bit.

8 comments:

lisa h. said...

when are you going to publish a book?

are you secretly in line to replace martha stewart??

i'm just amazed! serious - do you realize how talented you are!?!?!

lisa h. said...

ps

if you have an extra i totally want one!!

Elisa said...

LOVE it! All the pictures were so cute, I know I couldn't have decided on just one.

You are lucky to have a super smiley baby. My daughter scowled her whole first year.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Let me pick my jaw up off the floor. That is, hands down, the best Christmas card I've ever seen. I'll bet everyone LOVED it! Seriously, I so want to be your best friend. Are you coming out to Utah at all before Larry's residency? We so need to e-mail and chat med school. I'm going to need advice on how to be the wife of a med student!

Megan said...

OK, I know I just commented, but this is seriously the cutest card I have ever seen.

Reba said...

Not only is it creative and gorgeous, but I love all the words you picked out to go with the pictures. Amazing. You should be a writer.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing . . . absolutely amazing!!!

Mandy said...

That is the cutest card! The pic of Creed as an astronaut just made my day. So funny!