Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Step Forward



Well, whether you voted for Obama or not, you have to recognize the progress the election of the first black President shows for the United States. It fills me with pride.

Maybe it's silly, but I have some parts of the election saved on my DVR just so I can catch a photo of Creed in front of an image like this. It's such an important moment of history that I want him to have a reminder that it happened during his childhood.

I have to say that I'm glad the election is over. I hated the tention it causes in our country. It's necessary of course, but I'm happy to move on and focus on being united in this scary time for our country.

1 comment:

I am Laura said...

What a great post. The historicity of the whole night brought tears to my eyes. It seems many of my friends were not moved by it so I am glad to know at least on of my friends agrees with how historic the night was. I too hope our country can unite and move on from the tension of the election.