Thursday, November 06, 2008

Creed Takes a Trip to the Art Museum

The Springville Art Museum currently has an exhibit of religious art that is really interesting. We headed down to check it out on Saturday. I knew my friend Ayn had a woodblock print on display (and since I knew it was a woodblock print, I was expecting something small. Sheesh Ayn, I don't know how you did that. It was huge). And my dad had one of his prints in the Exhibit too. His photographs look like they are paintings, but they are really photographs that he layers in Photoshop to create textures. It's amazing to me that you can get that effect without using filters or other effects in Photoshop. Dad you are amazing!
While we were there I noticed there was another exhibit of local illustrators. It was so cool to see this work in person. Brett Helquist of The Series of Unfortunate Events fame. Do you recognize the other two works on display in this picture?

Nathan Hale from Shannon Hale's new graphic novel, Rapunzel's Revenge
And Mark Buehner, who we met in Bountiful today, but that's a story for another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are the other Brett Helquist prints from Chasing Vermeer? I have the book that pirate print is from, Roger, the Jolly Pirate. And I have and love Millie and the Macy's Parade that he did the art for as well. So fun!

KIC said...

I saw an ad in the paper yesterday about the illustrators exhibit. I thought you might be interested in it because of your book club. Glad to hear you already went and that it was great! I can't wait to go!