Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a . . .

Well, it might be a boy anyway, our doctor was not too confident about it. She says she's maybe 80% confident that it's a boy. I wouldn't have been disappointed to hear that it's a boy or a girl, but I was disappointed to not really know. When we got to the appointment my doctor asked if I've been feeling the baby and I told her that I have. She asked me if I feel it about every other day or once a day and I told her that I feel it all the time and I keep telling Larry that it's already as hyper as him. I don't think that she took me seriously until she started the ultrasound and the baby was squirming all over the place. I think her words were, "Wow, this is a VERY active baby!" It was moving around too quickly to get more than a glimpse so she said it was too hard to distinguish if she was seeing the cord or more. Then when it stayed still it had its legs tucked up to its chest so there was no way to tell. Lately all of my friends have had these beautiful ultrasound shots of the baby's face and hands and feet, but that didn't happen either. Its hands and feet were flailing around too much and its head was right below my belly button the whole time so we couldn't get a shot without the shadow from my belly button over it. The good news is that my doctor said she will do another ultrasound later, just to quickly check, but my next appointment is 8 weeks away.

So anyway, we left the appointment with a sealed envelope, but we knew that whatever it said our doctor thought it would only be 80% accurate. We had a lot of friends over Friday night to share the news with us and we had them each write their guess down on a poster before we opened the envelope. The funny part is we still don't really know who was right and who was wrong.

We did have a lot of fun celebrating with our friends and eating all the "baby" size food that we could come up with (mini eggrolls, mini eclairs, cheesecake bites, baby quiche, baby carrots, even tiny water bottles).

Blogger won't post the picture that I have of Larry and me together so instead you get a blurry picture of Larry and a picture of me opening a gift with a little help from one of our cute guests.


I guess Larry and I still have to come up with a boy's name and a girl's name and I have more time to dream up nursery decorating ideas.

7 comments:

Cassie L. said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! We are certainly partial to boys in our house. :)

Beazer said...

Wish we could have been there for the party. It sounded like fun.

I know the % frustration. Both Q and I were POSITIVE that we were having a boy so when they told us Lyds was PROBABLY a girl it really left me hanging. Should I go with my "mother's intuition" (obviously not) or the doctor's best guess. Even in the delivery room I was still wondering...

Elisa said...

Just had to check in and see what you are having. So fun.

Melinda said...

Congrats! That % has got to be frustrating. But, regardless, I am super excited for you!

everything pink! said...

congrats!

i love the game you played with your friends.

our first we didn't find out
our second we had it in a sealed envelope and had it sent to my mother in law so she was the only one who knew but no one knew she knew
my third we found out but didn't tell anyone we knew.
funny huh

TX Girl said...

Congrats. We could see our little girl, but the ultrasound pictures were terrible. She looked like an alien.