Saturday, April 02, 2011

Busy Times

Sorry, I didn't mean to take a blog hiatus, but things have been crazy around here.


In the past week I:
  • Cut up and de-boned a whole chicken in my cooking class while feeling like Julia Child
  • Threw a Bee birthday party for Creed + five other adorable bees
  • Finished designing 2011 additions to my line at Sycamore Street Press
  • Took Creed to his annual check-up and treated him to lunch of his choice after he survived his shots
  • Worked on two other freelance jobs
  • Went to a DIY night with friends to start working on a quiet book exchange (each girl will make 20 copies of the same page and then we'll all swap)
  • Went to book club to discuss The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (Larry has never been so excited to hear about one of my book club reads)
  • Held a family dinner party in Creed's honor complete with the second chocolate cake with Penuche frosting of the week (I planned to make something different, but Creed was insistent and it was his birthday after all)
  • Helped my sister-in-law Keri play an April fools joke on her husband
  • Held Ollie during four seizures while I shed a few tears.  You'd think it be routine by now, but it makes my heart stop every. single. time.
  • Oh, and did I mention that we went from preparing to make an offer on a lot so we could build a house to finding a house and we're in contract and scheduled to close in less than two weeks?  More details to come if it all goes through, but I hate to jinx it.  In the meantime, we been filling out lots of paperwork and spending most of our time on the phone with agents, inspectors, and lenders. We've been through the house three times and are trying to reach an agreement post-home inspection so say a little prayer for us.  

4 comments:

Heather said...

Love that pic of you, you look so happy. And an awesome hat. Congrats on the whole chicken! Such exciting news about the new build - good luck with that. Where is it?
Happy Birthday Creed!

Mom said...

All I can say is WOW...and you should share the details of he prank...

The Jensen Family said...

You are so incredible! thank you for helping me, I felt so bad asking ou because i knew you had so much going on. Matt wore the shirt all last night just to spite me!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Wow. That is a really big list for one week. Guess I'm not the only one getting any sleep. ;) But you're being much more productive with all your time!